Register now to receive community alerts from the City of Ridgecrest and Police Department!
All documents are available in pdf format. To view you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Watch council meetings from the previous year with your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Monday - Thursday 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Where can I take my recyclables?
What Can I Recycle at City Hall?
City Hall will accept the following items from residents for recycling. These recycling programs have been set up in partnership with local charities/fund raising groups:
What about Construction & Demolition Debris?
The City of Ridgecrest is required by State Law to divert a minimum of 50% of its waste from landfills. Many materials generated from C&D projects can be successfully diverted through recycling or reuse. Requiring C&D debris recycling as a condition of building permits helps the City to comply with State Law. The City requires 100% of inert solids and at least 50% (by weight) of the remaining C&D debris be diverted from the landfill for project types listed below. A waste management plan (format provided) must be submitted to the Building Official prior to the issuance of a building permit. Additionally, to obtain final approval for the project, the applicant must document CALGreen compliance within 30 days of project completion by submitting all recycling/disposal facility receipts.
To help meet this requirement, the City has a franchise agreement for solid waste handling and recycling with Waste Management. WM can assist applicants in diverting C&D material through construction and demolition dumpster services in the City limits of Ridgecrest. You can reach them at (888) 266-7511, Option 4, for Commercial Services.
Tips to Manage C&D Material at the Job Site:
· Determine recycling, salvage, reuse and disposal options before the job begins.
· Consider deconstruction instead of mechanical demolition.
· Reuse materials such as fixtures and doors.
· Donate materials that can be reused to charities or nonprofit agencies.
· Educate contractors regarding your waste management plan.
· Clearly identify recycling areas with large signs.
· Place recycling bins in areas that will minimize misuse or contamination by the employees and the public.
· Place advertisements in local newspapers announcing salvageable & reusable materials for sale or donation.
CITY OF RIDGECREST - 100 W CALIFORNIA AVE - RIDGECREST CA 93555 - (760) 499-5000